Saturday, June 26, 2010

SOCCER - World Cup South Africa

So on Wednesday night I went to the Germany/Ghana game. I was SOOO excited. Ever since I was little I was routing for Germany so when I got a ticket to watch them play I was sooo pumped! Not only was this my first ever international soccer game but it was at the biggest and bestest stadium that was built specially for this world cup - SOCCER CITY. As the saying for this world cup goes, it was truly AYOBA!! I loved everything about the evening. The trip to and from, the friends, the new people I met, the foreigners from far and wide, the amazing spirit and the wonderful facilities. I loved, loved, loved it!


The teams singing their national anthems
Mark, the English guy I buddied up with. He was supporting Ghana though so we had a few teasing and verbal sparring matches. He's a really nice guy and looked after me well. Sorry for you, Mark, Germany uber alles and now England has to try beat them in the next game to make it through.. *evil laugh*
A missed goal for Germany from a corner kick
The after in front of the stadium..
Some random Germans

The trip back via McDonalds. Nice going Hyrum. :)

So Germany won - go bois! and by the time we were on our way back it was my birthday. I was surprised with a birthday song and a sucker from the group with me in the car - so sweet (and in tune too). I had a great start to my birthday. Thank you everyone. It was wonderful!!!

2 comments:

  1. Kerry, I was just looking at old blog posts on my own blog. There were quite a few posts from you and it made me so sad. I am missing you today. Thank you for always treating me so well. Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kerry :)

    Was thinking of you today - can't believe it's 2 years already. I miss you so much, I still find it hard to believe that you're not with us anymore. So much has happened since you left us, and I've wanted to cry on your shoulder so many times. I'm sorry I lost contact for the last few years, you have no idea how much I wish that we'd managed to keep in-touch. Knowing I don't get to talk to you anymore is sadder than what you could ever imagine. Love you Kerry!!

    ReplyDelete